A new project titled "Let’s adopt a new habit jointly – Let’s collect EE waste separately" started at the end of September 2017, with the overall goal to contribute to the improvement of the state of the environment and the selective collection of EE waste in the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo.
The planned duration of the project is 3 months, and the project is financed by the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo in the amount of 19,999.20 BAM.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- Involve the public in identifying EE waste and environmental protection issues - through surveys,
- Inform the public and raise awareness of the importance of proper disposal of EE waste in the Municipality;
- Raise awareness of the importance of observation of ecological dates in the municipality through joint manifestations with schools, civil society organizations (CSOs), population and other interested parties,
- Contribute to the reduction of the total amount of waste deposited on the landfill through the action of collecting EE waste and through extracurricular activities at the Center Vladimir Nazor,
- Educate children of school age about the dangers of EE waste and the possibilities of their proper disposal,
- Educate the population about the dangers of EE waste and the possibilities of their disposal,
- Realize permanent extracurricular activity at Center Vladimir Nazor related to EE waste.
The project will directly include students of 6 elementary schools from the area of the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo. The second target group is all inhabitants of the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo, which will be influenced to increase awareness, increase education and improve their relation to the environment in general, but also about EE waste, the need for its selective collection, its dangers and the possibility of reuse.