Center for Environmentally Sustainable Development (CESD) Sarajevo has started working on the new project called "Together in Action -Small and Big Environmental Guardians of the Center Municipality ". The project is approved under The Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans (ReLOaD), funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in partnership with the Municipality Center. As a regional initiative, ReLOaD project is being implemented in Albania, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia.
Partners in this project are: EKOPAK, d.o.o. (operator for packaging and packaging waste management), ZEOS eco-system, d.o.o. (E-Waste Management Operator) and Center for Healthy Aging of Municipality Centar.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- Improve knowledge and raise the awareness of students, teaching staff and population on the selective collection of special categories of waste and protected natural values in Municipality Centar, and
- Contribute to increasing the amount of selectively collected packaging and E- waste in the Municipality Center area.
Target groups of the project are:
- Students and teachers of 5 Primary schools in the area of the Municipality Center (P.S. Alija Nametak, P.S. Safvet-beg Bašagić, P.S. Hasan Kikić, P.S. Nafija Sarajlić and P.S. Silvije Strahimir Kranjčević).
- Members of Center for Healthy Aging and Councils in Local Communities (Bardakčije, Trg Oslobođenja, Ciglane-Gorica, Koševo II, Mejtaš-Bjelave i Marijin Dvor-Crni Vrh)
The planned activities of the project are:
- Mobilization of the participants and project presentation
- Population survey in 5 LCs in the Municipality Centar area
- Education of students, councils in 5 LCs and members of Center for Healthy Aging about waste management / special categories of waste and recycling
- Raising awareness and education of students, Councils in 5 LCs and members of Center for Healthy Aging about Protected Natural and Speleological Values in the Municipality of Centar and Sarajevo Canton
- Media campaign with the aim of disseminating information / raising awareness and campaigning on collection of packaging and E-waste.
- Project management
Project duration: September 2018 – June 2019
Contact person for more detailed information on the project is:
- Dragana Selmanagić, project manager (email@example.com) and
- Sanela Krdžalić, Project Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Up-to-date information on project activities can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/CentarZaOkolisnoOdrziviRazvoj/
More information about the ReLOaD project can be found here: http://bit.ly/2ElJvbg